Investment Banking Associate
About The Forbes M+A Group
The Forbes M+A Group, founded in 2004 with offices in Denver, CO, Salt Lake City, UT, and Nashville TN, is an award-winning investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital formation, and financial restructuring within the middle market. The group has over 15 years of experience delivering outstanding results for business owners, entrepreneurs, and investors. Advisors at The Forbes M+A Group have 250+ years of combined experience in international transactions across a wide variety of industries. The Forbes M+A Group has been recognized as a leader within the middle market as a regional M&A Firm of the Year for the past 5 years. For more information, please visit us at www.forbesma.com or phone at (303) 770-6017.
About the Associate Position:
As an Associate you will be a key player in our business strategy and execution. You will participate in the “full cycle” of transactional execution including preparing and presenting marketing pitches, reviewing and formulating financial analysis, preparing and developing offering materials, and client presentations. You will play a leadership role in executing across transactions while working with analysts, associates, and senior bankers. You will have strong skills in the major areas of investment banking and will demonstrate the ability and desire to become a senior banker who can generate and execute his/her own transactions. Most importantly, the candidate will be highly enthusiastic about Forbes’ mission and be driven and committed to its success.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of investment banking (sell-side, buy-side, and/or capital formation) or private equity experience serving middle market companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, and/or Economics from a top-tier university.
- Experience managing junior bankers.
- Excellent writing skills and financial modeling skills.
- Impeccable communication details with the ability to effectively interact with senior professionals, clients, and key stakeholders in other lines of business.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Commercial instinct, ability to perform under pressure, and tight deadlines.
- If not already licensed, required to become a licensed securities professional by taking the Series 79 and Series 63 within 90 days of hiring.
- Demonstrated track record of professional advancement.
The right candidate values the following:
- A competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits.
- A challenging environment that requires continuous adaptability and effort.
- On-going constructive feedback and an organizational-wide 360 review process.
- A passionate, talented team dedicated to supporting the personal and professional growth of its members.
- A performance-driven culture where your experience, ideas, and efforts are valued.
- An opportunity to share in the growth of the firm and build something unique in the industry.
- The philosophy that a good work-life balance creates higher-quality professionals.
Interested applicants should expect the following process: (i) to undergo multiple rounds of interviews, including an in-person panel interview; (ii) to complete a comprehensive case study; (iii) to provide three work-related references; and (iv) submit to a background check.
Please do not apply if you are unwilling or unable to participate in the above process.
The Forbes M+A Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of a disability.
If interested, please contact: JJ Lane, Vice President | +1 (720) 982-9643 | JJ.Lane@ForbesMA.com